Gamers, watch the Microsoft press conference live on Gearburn. The video has been embedded below. It’s a pretty demanding live-stream, so for those of you who don’t have the bandwidth, the highlights of the press conference have been neatly summed up.
- Halo 4 trailer is shown, is awesome
- It’s announced that the Xbox is the biggest selling console in the world. Fancy
- New sequel announced, Splinter Cell: Blacklist
- FIFA 13 is demoed
- Trailer for Fable: The Journey is suitably epic
- Gears of War: Judgement is an add-on for the popular third-person shooter and is of course, brutal
- Sequel to Forza 4, Forza Horizon is demoed
- You can now use Bing to search for films on Xbox live. Useful if you have the bandwidth
- Xbox Music is coming. Over 30-million tracks. Cool-ish, but not like we need more streaming music services
- Nike Plus type of thing announced for Kinect, is called Kinect Training
- This SmartGlass looks good. Hope they explain it more. Basically it looks like Windows 8 is sharing content on the Xbox and vice-versa
- And ooooh. Internet Explorer is coming to Xbox. About goddamn time. Pity it’s not Chrome
- It’s all Tomb Raider being demoed now. All interesting stuff, but nothing really cool or new yet. This demo never ends. Exciting stuff though
- An actual new game is being shown. It’s called Ascend: New Gods and it looks fairly old school. And by old school we mean dated and past its prime
- Now Resident Evil 6 is on the big screen. Can’t wait for this one. Looks exactly like The Walking Dead, only with proper action
- Some Xbox Live game just announced. Is called Racketeer and looks super underwhelming. God Microsoft, you really don’t care anymore do you?
- This looks okay. The South Park RPG made by Skyrim developers Obsidian. It’s called South Park: Stick of Truth and looks proper funny
- And now Dance Central 3. As if the others weren’t bad enough. At least Usher dancing along to the crappy game is cool-ish
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 looked pretty smart if nothing else. Available 13 November. Don’t rush to the stores now
- Is this really it Microsoft? Nothing new or exciting? Throw us a bone here! This is one of it’s worst ever E3 presentations in our opinion.
Show’s over. Highlights include SmartGlass, Internet Explorer for Xbox Live and… nothing else. This is seriously making the Wii U seem like the winning console, at least there’s some originality there.
Topics for this article
|[ advertising enquiries ]|